FieldBlock (FN) enclosures
StoneL’s FieldBlock enclosure is designed for use in general purpose, nonincendive and intrinsically safe process applications. It may be used with flexible or hard conduit wiring systems. With its rugged corrosion proof enclosure, variety of module and connector configurations, and its mounting adaptability, it will prove invaluable for field networking projects.
Wide variety of Drop Connectors, I/O modules and Repeaters in a compact package
|The FN features a full range of enclosed solutions for network drop connections, I/O modules, and repeaters / power conditioners, for process networks like AS-Interface, Foundation Fieldbus, DeviceNet, Profibus, etc.|
| || || |
Flexible wiring options
| || |
Glands with rubber grommets compress wires tightly, providing excellent mechanical strength and a waterproof seal.
Mini- and micro-connectors provide a convenient, secure method for disconnecting spurs from the bus trunk.
| ||NPT or M20 conduits|
1/2” NPT or M20 conduits are available to attach to traditional hard conduit systems.
- Durable corrosion proof enclosure is made of epoxy-coated anodized aluminum with an impact-resistant Lexan polycarbonate cover.
- Sealed for heavy washdown applications the enclosure is rated for NEMA 4, 4X & 6 (IP67).
- Suitable for hazardous environments in nonincendive (Div 2/Zone 2) or intrinsically safe (Div 1/Zone 0) applications.
- Multiple connector/cable gland options include quick connectors (mini or micro), cable glands, 1/2” NPT or M20. Special models with varying combinations may also be specified for unique requirements.
- Fast, convenient wiring is possible with easy access fully labeled terminal blocks, and the quick entry durable hinged cover.
- Space-efficient design minimizes external dimensions while offering ample room for wire connection and drop switching.
- Clear operation status is displayed using LED system to show drop connector, bus power, and short circuit status. LED display may also be conveniently viewed while the enclosure cover is closed and sealed.
- Bus power monitoring system provides a flashing LED warning display if voltage levels fall outside specified limits. This aids in trouble-shooting and preempts potential problems.
- Wide variety of drop connectors includes passive, protected, and switched options.
- Individually switched drops enable each circuit to be independently energized or de-energized from the bus, saving valuable maintenance and set-up time.
- Safety lock provision adds an extra measure of security for lock out, tag out conditions.
Flexible wiring systems
General purpose nonincendive and intrinsically safe wiring may be connected into the FieldBlock via compression sealed cable glands. Glands with rubber grommets will compress wires tightly, providing excellent mechanical strength and a waterproof seal. Cable glands also include plugs to seal any unused entries.
Mini-connectors designed for four-wire bus networks (fifth wire for shield/ground) and micro-connectors for two-wire buses (third wire for shield/ground) are standard options. Mini- and micro-connectors provide a convenient, secure method for disconnecting spurs from the bus trunk. And, with the switched drop connectors, field devices may be conveniently removed without dropping power to the network.
NPT or M20 conduits
1/2” NPT or M20 conduits are available to attach to traditional hard conduit systems. Liquid tight flexible conduit may also be used with conventional conduit entries providing support for PLTC/ITC cable used in tray systems.